Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sawyer's Dedication

I'm not sure if I shared on the blog how Sawyer's name was chosen. We were debating between a few different names and while in WI for Christmas with my nieces, I told the girls that they had recommended 'santa' or 'princess' for Gabriel two years prior. It got a lot of giggles, but when I asked what they thought baby two should be named, Lilly looked right at me and told me she really thought the baby should be named Sawyer. It made me pause. I liked it. In fact, Ryan and I both liked it very much. It seemed to fit. Now, the technical name for Sawyer is 'cuts timber'. Yup, I know. Which is why for Sawyer the meaning behind his name carries very little weight compared to the calling / Bible verses we chose. You are so very loved, Sawyer James. I am truly amazed at how well 1 Thess. 5:14-18 already seems to fit with who you are, even as a baby: "And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all. See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." Reason given: Already, we can see that Sawyer will be a man filled with joy and life. We chose these verses as a commission for him, the manner in which we feel God is calling him to live out his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment