So, most folks know the idea of having all boys took a bit of adjusting for me. Over the past few weeks, I feel like God has provided little examples of the joys that will come from having only boys. Silly things, but I love that boy's clothes are simple. There's very little variety: no tights, dresses, rompers, hair bows. Yeah, there's the occasional vest or adorable bow tie, but really Gabe just needs pants and a tshirt. Morning routine is massively simple: wash their face, brush their teeth. Bam, done. Stubborn doesn't bother me in boys. Totally a pregioudus, but a stubborn little girl would cause me to be even more stubborn. I guarantee we would have a lot of stand-offs. Gabe gets stubborn and I feel the need to laugh or simply roll my eyes. Another added benefit (fingers crossed for baby #2), Gabe has massive amounts of evergy and yet he could also spend an hour quietly playing with Legos...or blessedly putting crayons in a box to dump them back out and try it again at restaurants.
But the reason I'm most excited to have boys: Ryan. Today he took Gabe to the flower shop to pick out flowers for mommy for Valentine's Day. A bouquet from daddy, a rose from Gabe and a rose from his little brother. Oh, and of course Gabe had to find a flower for his friends, Adelaide and Abby. Was awesome to see him so excited to give a flower to his friends...not girlfriends...please not girlfriends yet. Ryan will be there to help our boys grow into men. To teach them what it means to love the Lord, show them how to treat women and help them lead a life of integrity.
Alright, enough of the sappy. I know y'all want the pictures:
And I love that Gabe is becoming an example to Adelaide for how boys should treat her. And they are definitely just friends! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I love that Gabe is becoming an example to Adelaide for how boys should treat her. And they are definitely just friends! :)
ReplyDelete