I love Gabe's sense of compassion. Having watched Titus the past few months has really helped Gabe understand he's going to have a baby brother of his own and has been wonderful in teaching him what a baby can / cannot do. I know it's still going to be a huge adjustment for Gabe, but some cool moments that give me hope he'll adjust well:
Gabe this morning reading his big brother book. He can read portions of it with me, we've read it so much and spent time this morning talking to the book about his baby brother.
Gabe's become quite the singer and loves to sing along with me. We ended up reading his big brother book together before his nap, whenever I get to the section where the little boy talks about singing to the baby, Gabe lets me know he won't sing for his brother. Today I mentioned he could sing Twinkle Twinkle since it's a song he knows so well. When we finished the book, Gabe put his hand on my stomach, sang Twinkle Twinkle and then gave his brother a hug. Come now, it doesn't get cuter than that! I didn't get the moment on video, but here's Gabe singing Twinkle Twinkle with me before bed the other day:

No comments:
Post a Comment