I'm at a loss for words. It's hard for me to believe that Gabe is three years old already. I know, I know, it's not 18, but it still feels like time is passing us by so quickly. We have loved watching Gabe discover more about himself and the world around him. He's a jabber box, analyzer, shy boy, runner of miles, and thoughtful little boy. My heart melts when I see him share with and protect his brother, when he tells him mama she looks like a princess (yup, that happened folks, I may have tear-ed up a bit) and at dinner each night when he states 'how was YOUR day, daddy?'
We love you, Gabriel Michael. Happy Birthday.

We have a book that talks about what a bunny wants to be when he grows up, I asked Gabe one night what he would like to do when he grows up, immediate response was 'work with my daddy'. So it came as no surprise when his one birthday request was to go to work with daddy on his birthday. Above is a picture of his first day of work. He gave hugs and kisses on his way out the door...just like daddy does each day
Gabe road the train downtown with Ryan, met Ryan's coworkers, got his own desk (to watch Octonauts at), wrote on the walls made of dry erase paint and went out for breakfast in Ryan's building...all before 10am!
The rest of his day was spent 'decorating' his birthday cake, napping, bike riding, dinner, cake and face timing with family.
If you look close you can see Gabe holding Sawyer's hand to keep him safe.
Birthday card from Great Grandma Alkema
An Octopod! Yeah, I know, no one knows what that is...but Gabe loves it.
And for the finale: birthday cake:)
sure was cool to be in on the fun of Gabriel's birthday via the family text. : )
ReplyDelete