Sadly, I missed out on a picture of Ryan lugging our very heavy 8ft tree down Fullerton Pkwy as I was carrying Gabe, but one can imagine the huffing and puffing it took on his part. Ryan's such a trooper when it comes to my crazy desire for a real Christmas Tree!
Once said tree was inside, Gabe helped Ryan fill the base with water. Turns out this was very exciting and there was a lot of 'mo, mo, mo' from Gabe as he got to carry his own cup of water and pour it into the base. (a very large cup with very little water...watering the tree was a long process:p).
True to his title of helper, Gabe threw away every piece of twine and twig he could find.
Once the tree settled a bit, we searched through the cmas box for lights and Gabe found his bell ornament. He spent a lot of time shaking it and I'm happy to say the thing seems unbreakable.
Ryan had to head to NY for a work trip so once Gabe went to bed I began the loving (uh huh) process of putting up the lights. Hence why I'm writing this at 11:30pm rather than sleeping. Someday I won't be pregnant and will unwind with some chocolately alcoholic goodness. Until then I'm stuck with water and Andes candy. It's never fun going to sleep alone when Ryan's traveling. Miss you, love. And Happy Holidays to everyone else:).





No comments:
Post a Comment